Ways you can help raise money for Re~Cycle.
You don't need to get on a bike to show your support for Re~Cycle. Set yourself a running, walking or trek challenge in 2017 and help us send bikes and change lives. Whether a challenge for you is a sub three hour marathon or a 5k stroll there is an event out there for you. We've secured places on some of the best events in 2017 and the details are below. But don't limit yourself to these events - get in touch and let us know what you would like to do and we will do our best to help email@example.com.
At Re~Cycle we love bikes and anything that means spending more time on a bike is good with us, if it means that we can raise more money and send more bikes to our partners then even better. We have a number of places on different rides giving you the opportunity to join Team Re~Cycle.
Nightrider - London, June
Partner with Re~Cycle to help bikes change lives in Africa and bring genuine benefits to your company.
We greatly value our corporate partners and supporters who help us to raise vital awareness and funds, collect unwanted bikes saving them from disuse and landfill, and ultimately help change lives.
In 2010, Rob Forbes cycled 20184km from Cirencester, England to Rustenberg, South Africa, raising £23,205 for Re~Cycle. Riding a bike and raising some money is fast becoming Britain’s favourite sport. Not sure how to do so? Our avid cyclers at Re~Cycle have put together a guide on how to organise and complete (and rock) a sponsored charity bike ride. Here’s to doing good, new friends, and adventures on the road.
JustGiving is an online system where you can set up a page for collecting money for Re~Cycle, and they reclaim the tax that donor have paid already. Sponship form, great for sponsored rides, etc: "an incredibly convenient, quick and secure way of raising funds from your contacts both in the UK and overseas".
- First send the page to people who're likely to donate more - as others following will be more likely to donate similar amounts, or at least be generous
- Put the length of your ride down
- Delete the 'default' photo and put in one of your own
- Most companies like to support their employees in charitable work, as employees are 'stakeholders'
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Many employers have a charity pot
- Matched Funding, eg. For every £1 raised for Re~Cycle, we will match with another £1