Many African children live in remote communities, a long way from their nearest school.
Without reliable, affordable, motorised transport the only way these children
can get to school is to walk.
In searing heat, their journey to education on foot is a daily epic mission.
Having a bicycle makes a world of difference for these children, and for their families and communities too.
bikes4Africa refurbishes donated second-hand bikes and delivers them from the UK
to African schools, where they enable children to...
• get to school
• arrive at school on time instead of late
• begin the school day alert instead of exhausted
• stay for extra lessons at the end of the school day
• reach higher academic achievement
• arrive home earlier
• help their families more at home
• remain safe by travelling home from school in daylight