Re~Cycle at Glastonbury - 22-26 June
We're home safe and sound! Thanks to everyone that visited and hopefully see you all next time.
This year, for the first time, Re~Cycle had a stall at Glastonbury Festival, in the Green Futures Field along with many other eco/environment/campaigning groups including TSFR Cymru, the Welsh group of Tools for Self Reliance whose work we greatly admire.
We did a wide range of activities but the pedal powered mobile phone charging service was the biggest hit - thanks to Jason Pettit who made it work and kept in running.
Events @ Re~Cycle:
Friday, Saturday + Sunday:
- Cycle maintenance lessons @ 1-3 - thanks to the Bike Guru
- Pedal powered electrical generation workshop @ 3 - thanks to Jason
- Open mic - which we'll upload to the site!
For Sale: our quality and value wares, to raise much needed funds
- Organic t-shirts sporting our logo
- High viz vests, also sporting our log
- NEW - belts made from recycled bike tyres
- Fair Trade useful home-wares made from recycled bike chain
Thanks to all who dropped by for a chat and to find out about our work and for the generous support - nearly £550 raised from merchandise sales and donations.