1a. You commit to raising at least the minimum sponsorship for Re-Cycle for the event you have signed up for. If you are unable to meet the minimum sponsorship, you may choose to make up the balance yourself or you may lose your place.
1b. For all events, your full minimum sponsorship amount must be received by Re-Cycle within 6 weeks of the event date.
2. If you do not take part in the event, any sponsorship money raised will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact Re-Cycle directly for a refund.
3. You agree to raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
4. You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your minimum sponsorship, but that money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for Re-Cycle.
5. You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good and you take full responsibility for my training. You take part in this event at your own risk.
6. You confirm that you will be the minimum age required to take part in the event. F
7. All funds raised for Re-Cycle through the event will be made payable to Re-Cycle.
9. You give Re-Cycle permission to use any photographs/videos taken of you at this event, to raise awareness and/or money for Re-Cycle's work.
10. You agree to the terms and conditions set out by the event organiser for the event you are involved in. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for these for your specific event.
11. You agree that Re-Cycle may share your details with the event organiser.
12. You understand that your registration fee is non refundable and includes VAT.
We cannot claim Gift Aid on a donation that you or a close family member make towards your event sponsorship as you are taking part in an event where Re-Cycle is contributing to your entry costs, so counts as a gift aid benefit. A close family member is defined as your spouse or civil partner, your parents, your siblings and grandchildren, as well as their spouses or civil partners.
We recommend that you set up a Just Giving Re-Cycle fundraising page. Visit https://www.justgiving.com/re-cycle and click on the ‘Fundraise for Us’ button. When setting up your event or linking to an existing event, you must tick the box that asks “Is your charity contributing to the cost of your fundraising?” to ensure Gift Aid eligibility criteria are set up correctly for your event.
If you are also going to use a paper sponsorship form to collect your donations then you need to download this sponsorship form as this includes the relevant gift aid statement:
Donations made by people directly connected to you are not eligible for tax relief under the Gift Aid scheme. This includes spouses, civil partners, children, grandchildren, parents and siblings and the spouses and civil partners of any of the above.
Please ensure they do not tick the Gift Aid boxes. For further information on Gift Aid, you can go to the HMRC website at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gift-aid-whatdonations-charities-and-cascs-c... or contact us.