Re~Cycle seeks Senior Corporate Fundraiser
Re~Cycle is looking for someone to help our ambitious expansion plans......
A new role - ideal for an experienced, results driven Senior Corporate Fundraiser who can lead on existing partnerships as well as winning new ones. In particular this role will manage a high profile long-term relationship that we have with Halfords – so you’ll need to hit the ground running!
We’re looking for someone who has four plus years of experience in Corporate Fundraising, knows how to maximise income through relationship building and has a methodical yet creative approach with a flair for business oriented fundraising. Ideally, you’ll have an understanding of or interest in international development, although this is not essential. You’ll be joining a small team with only one other fundraiser (Trusts), so being self-motivated is essential, especially if home-based.
3 days a week, with some flexibility
£18,000 for three days (30k full-time)
Re~Cycle is a UK registered charity based in Colchester, Essex. Since 1997 we have sent over 54,000 unwanted bikes to Africa, benefitting 324,000 people and preventing hundreds of tonnes of landfill and bike disuse in the UK. Our bikes, plus spare parts and tools, go to eight project partners in seven countries: Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, The Gambia and Zambia. Our bikes improve people’s life prospects, create employment and help people access school and health services.
The successful candidate will have:
- A successful track record of managing a fast moving workplace
- Good computer skills and a confident phone manner
- Ability to field front line contact with the charity
- Ability to work as part of a team – the role requires collaboration with both managers and peers
- The post holder must be self motivated and able to work on his/her own initiative
- Confidence to manage and prioritise a varied workload
If that sounds like you and you would like to work with a young, enterprising charity with ambitious plans for growth, please see our online information pack which includes a full job description and person specification, abbreviated terms and conditions and application procedure.
- Closes 11th June, 22:00
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by end 18th June
- Interviews will be held on Monday 23rd June in Colchester
To apply ( email only please), please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org - and state the following in the subject line: Corp Fund, and your name:
- An application letter including a summary of why you are applying, your skills and experience and how these are relevant to the role, how you meet the person specification requirements and what in particular you would bring to Re~Cycle. In particular explain when and how you have a) initiated new corporate partnerships and b) managed relationships with corporate partners (max 2 side, please save the file starting with your name and start the document with your name - rather than a title such as ‘current CV’)
- CV (max 3 side, To apply (by email only please), please send the following to email@example.com: - and state the following in the subject line: Corp Fund, and your name
- The names, positions and contact details of at least two referees, including your current or most recent employer. No contact will be made with any referee in advance of an offer being made, without your prior approval
Details and background:
- Job Description and Person Specification
- 8 minute video about us http://www.re-cycle.org/resources/videos
- Downloads of powerpoint, one side overview and more http://www.re-cycle.org/resources/downloads
- Staff - we have 6.5 full time equivalent staff (5 full time in that mix) and many wonderful volunteers
- Informal work environment