Re~Cycle seeks an experienced Administrator– Colchester based
Re~Cycle is looking for someone to help our ambitious expansion plans…
Full Time 38 hours per week but with some flexibility
Salary £16,000 - £18,000 depending on experience.
Millions of unwanted bicycles are rusting in garages or being thrown away in the UK, while in Africa, a four-hour daily walk is common. Mothers collect clean water, parents trek to the farm, factory or market, and children face a 20 mile walk to school and back.
The charity collects unwanted bikes, parts and tools in the UK and ships them to Africa, 44,000 so far. There, our trusted and capable partners refurbish and maintain the bikes, to ensure a long life. Many teach locals to repair their own bikes, helping them to improve their lives in a sustainable way.
The successful candidate will have:
A successful track record of administrating in a fast moving workplace
Good computer skills and a confident phone manner
Ability to field front line contact with the charity
Ability to work as part of a team – the role requires collaboration with both managers and peers
The post holder must be self motivated and able to work on his/her own initiative
- Confidence to manage and prioritise a varied workload
If that sounds like you and you would like to work with a young, enterprising charity with ambitious plans for growth, please see our online information pack which includes a full job description and person specification, abbreviated terms and conditions and application procedure.
To apply (by email only please), please send the following to email@example.com:
- An application letter including a summary of why you are applying, your skills and experience and how these are relevant to the role, how you meet the person specification requirements and what in particular you would bring to Re~Cycle (max 2 side, please start with your name)
- CV (max 2 side, please start with your name)
- The names, positions and contact details of at least two referees, including your current or most recent employer. No contact will be made with any referee in advance of an offer being made, without your prior approval
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 28th April 2013. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by end 7th May
Interviews: 14th May 2013 in Colchester
Details and background:
- Job Description and Person Specification
- 8 minute video about us /resources/journey-mighty-bike-8-mins
- Location - Severals Industrial Estate, Colchester
- Staff - we only have 3.5 full time equivalent staff (2 full time in that mix) but many wonderful volunteers
- Informal work environment