Re~Cycle is looking for someone with the ability and drive to initiate, develop and maintain a trust fundraising programme from scratch. Although Re~Cycle has received some lottery and statutory grants in the past, it has undertaken very little grant or trust fundraising before.
21 hours per week, £30,000 pro rata.
Millions of unwanted bicycles are rusting in garages or being thrown away in the UK, while in Africa, a four-hour daily walk is common. Mothers collect clean water, parents trek to the farm, factory or market, and children face a 20 mile walk to school and back.
The charity collects unwanted bikes, parts and tools in the UK and ships them to Africa, 38,000 so far. There, our trusted and capable partners refurbish and maintain the bikes, to ensure a long life. Many teach locals to repair their own bikes, helping them to improve their lives in a sustainable way.
The successful candidate will have:
A successful track record of working with, and securing significant grants from major funding organisations
Experience of researching funding prospects (with knowledge of source materials)
Ability to absorb complex information and present it in a clear, logical and appropriate manner
Ability to work as part of a team – the role requires collaboration with both managers and peers
The post holder must be self motivated and able to work on his/her own initiative
If that sounds like you and you would like to work with a young, enterprising charity with ambitious plans for growth, please see our online information pack which includes a full job description and person specification, abbreviated terms and conditions and application procedure.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- An application letter including a summary of why you are applying, your skills and experience and how these are relevant to the role, how you meet the person specification requirements and what in particular you would bring to Re~Cycle.
- A copy of your current CV.
- The names, positions and contact details of at least two referees, including your current or most recent employer. No contact will be made with any referee in advance of an offer being made, without your prior approval.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 18th April 2012. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by end 20th April .
Interviews: 26th April 2012 in central London
Details and background:
Updated - from questions people have asked:
- Location - you can work from home, will need to visit London, Colchester and Brighton from time to time
- Staff - we have 3 full time equivilant staff (only one full time in that mix)